Một số điểm ngữ pháp cần lưu ý trong TOEFL I. SUBJECT VERB AGREEMENT
Please remember that subject and verb in a sentence must agree with each other.
The elevator works very well. (singular)
The elevators work very well. (plural)
1. Subject separated from the verb:
In English, subject and verb are often separated from each other. English learners have a bit difficulty to decide exactly how they are agreed in person and number.
The boys in the room (is or are) watching TV
Very often, if the subject and verb are separated, they will be separated by a prepositional phrase. The prepositional phrase had no effect on the verb.
Subject + [prepostional phrase] + verb
– Several theories on this subject have been proposed.
– The study of languages is very interesting.
– The view of these disciplines varies from time to time.
– The danger of forest fires is not to be taken lightly.
The following expressions also have no effect on the verb: Together with∙ along with∙ accompanied by∙ as well as
– The actress, along with her manager and some friends, is going to a party tonight.
– Mr. Robbins, accompanied by his wife and children, is arriving tonight.
Download file tài liệu để xem thêm chi tiết
Link download : http://cdn05.rada.vn/data/file/2014/Thang11/11/mot_so_diem_ngu_phap_can_luu_y_trong_toefl.pdf